The former walk–in services have been replaced by the phone booking system, but last week the lines received about 49,000 calls in the Central Zone alone. He said he was shocked that the phone system seemed to get worse after the last set of upgrades were implemented. It took CBC reporter Carolyn Ray 21 attempts to reach someone through the blood collection system to book an appointment. "It's still a challenge for folks to get through the phone lines and I do apologize," she said. She said that overloads the phone lines.
Source: CBC News August 04, 2020 09:00 UTC