Military deployed as norovirus outbreak hits Winter Olympic security guards - News Summed Up

Military deployed as norovirus outbreak hits Winter Olympic security guards


(CNN) South Korea has deployed 900 military personnel after 1,200 security guards were pulled from duty following an norovirus outbreak at Winter Olympic facilities in Pyeongchang. Organizers said 41 security guards had suffered a sudden onset of vomiting and diarrhea on Sunday and had been taken to hospital. The outbreak comes just days before the opening of South Korea's 2018 Winter Olympics on Thursday. To prevent the spread of the disease, the other guards were withdrawn and replaced with 900 military personnel as of Monday afternoon, a statement from the Pyeongchang Olympics committee said. JUST WATCHED Joint Korean ice hockey team plays first game Replay More Videos ... MUST WATCH Joint Korean ice hockey team plays first game 02:32All the civilian guards were in a stable condition, according to the statement.


Source: CNN February 06, 2018 08:09 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */