The U.S. military is reviewing the handling of a White House request to move “out of sight” the USS John S. McCain during President Trump’s trip to Japan last week and doesn’t yet have a clear picture of what happened, U.S. officials said Saturday. Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan told reporters Friday in Singapore he would look into the matter, as he faces questions about whether he was aware of the White House request. Mr. Shanahan has said he learned about it from news reports, but a U.S. official has said Mr. Shanahan...
Source: Wall Street Journal June 01, 2019 21:22 UTC