McNeil won't apologize for comments about teen at centre of privacy breach - News Summed Up

McNeil won't apologize for comments about teen at centre of privacy breach


Nova Scotia's premier is refusing to apologize for comments he made about the 19-year-old at the centre of the government's privacy breach, even though police now say they won't charge the teen. Meanwhile, opposition leaders are calling on Stephen McNeil to say sorry for referring to the data breach as "stealing." His comments were made last month after the province disclosed that 7,000 files had been downloaded from its freedom-of-information portal, including some with personal information. "What I said was the information that was taken outside of government, it was taken outside of our government," McNeil said Tuesday. The province's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy website has been unavailable for a month.


Source: CBC News May 08, 2018 18:56 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */