Manitoba education minister defends social media post about vaccination rights - News Summed Up

Manitoba education minister defends social media post about vaccination rights


Manitoba's education minister on Tuesday dismissed controversy over a social media post he made last week, saying the post noting the right to refuse vaccines was intended to educate. Goertzen, who was formerly the province's health minister, was regularly the first in Manitoba to get his seasonal flu shot when he served in that role, he said. WATCH | Manitoba education minister defends post saying vaccination not mandatoryManitoba Education Minister Kelvin Goertzen says he was aiming to educate people when he shared a CNN story on vaccines online while noting the right to refuse vaccination. Critics, including Manitoba Opposition Leader Wab Kinew, said the post was problematic and could be seized upon by anti-vaxxers. "Where you can provide strong evidence and strong education … that is ultimately how you get people to buy into something."


Source: CBC News September 08, 2020 17:48 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */