City officials say 184 people have been moved out of Vancouver's Strathcona Park encampment in accordance with an order issued earlier this month to remove all existing tents, temporary shelters and structures by 10 a.m. Friday morning. Donnie Rosa, the general manager of the Vancouver Park Board, says outreach work continues in the park. City of Vancouver park rangers attend to a fence in Strathcona Park. Neighbours 'encouraged' by progressKatie Lewis, vice president of the Strathcona Residents Association, said neighbours are looking forward to getting the recreational space back. After the fence goes up, the east side of Strathcona Park will be remediated while the west side remains open to the public.
Source: CBC News April 30, 2021 22:21 UTC