BEIRUT, Lebanon, Feb 21, 2026 (BSS/AFP) - Lebanon said Israeli strikes on the country's east and south killed 12 people on Friday, with Israel's army saying it targeted militant group Hezbollah and its Palestinian ally Hamas. A statement from Hezbollah in the eastern Bekaa Valley said a "commander" from the Iran-backed group had been killed in the raids there. "Israeli enemy strikes" on several locations in the Bekaa Valley "killed 10 people and wounded 24", Lebanon's health ministry said, adding that three children were among the wounded. The state-run National News Agency had earlier reported six dead and 25 wounded after "heavy strikes" hit in the region. - Hamas -The Israeli army said in a statement that its forces "struck a Hamas command centre from which terrorists operated" in the Ain al-Helweh area.
Source: Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha February 21, 2026 07:13 UTC