Kenya Airways cuts half-year loss by 60% - News Summed Up

Kenya Airways cuts half-year loss by 60%


Kenya Airways half year loss has narrowed by 60 per cent, hinting at the possibility of success in a turnaround strategy adopted by airline a year ago. Chief executive Mbuvi Ngunze said the improvement was underpinned by lower operating costs made possible by fleet rationalisation in line with the recovery strategy ‘Operation Pride’ launched a year ago. Half year financial statements show direct operating costs reduced by 5.8 per cent to Sh32.75 billion from Sh34.79 billion last year. “The key goal of Operation Pride is to improve our results and we are on course,” Ngunze told an investor briefing at the airline's headquarters in Nairobi. KQ's outgoing chairman Denis Awori who made his last appearance at the airline yesterday said 'Operation Pride' has a huge potential and would leave a legacy for him.


Source: The Star October 27, 2016 23:24 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */