Kedahans support MB's bid to claim Penang, says Langkawi MP - News Summed Up

Kedahans support MB's bid to claim Penang, says Langkawi MP


KUALA LUMPUR: The people of Kedah support Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor’s bid to claim Penang, says a Perikatan Nasional MP. This is in line with the law," Langkawi MP Datuk Suhaimi Abdullah said when debating the motion of thanks on the Royal Address on Wednesday (Jan 28). "Even the Chief Minister of Penang (Chow Kon Yeow) said we will meet in court. During his debate on Tuesday (Jan 27), Chow (PH-Batu Kawan) had said that Kedah’s claim to Penang was akin to the one made over Sabah by the so-called Sulu heirs. He said Sanusi’s challenge to Penang's sovereignty was unconstitutional and the state boundaries had already been determined through the Kedah and Penang (Alteration of Boundaries) Act 1985.


Source: The Star January 28, 2026 10:25 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */