Kazi Mtaani programme to be extended, says Uhuru - News Summed Up

Kazi Mtaani programme to be extended, says Uhuru


The government will extend the Kazi Mtaani programme following requests by young people from different parts of the country, President Uhuru Kenyatta has said. Last month, the programme was extended by one month until March 4, following sustained lobbying by beneficiaries. The programme, which started with a budget of Sh10 billion, employs 280,000 young people in 900 informal settlements across the 47 counties. The World Bank also commended the programme, saying it had helped in reducing crime and drug abuse in the informal settlements. "Cumulatively, the funds have helped spur the local economies leading to improved livelihoods for residents of the participating informal settlements,” the World Bank said in a statement last October.


Source: The Star February 19, 2021 11:48 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */