Last month, Porter agreed to temporarily bar the government from reviewing any material from Natanson’s devices. The Post says much of the seized material is exempt from government review under the Privacy Protection Act because Natanson isn't a target of the investigation. “I certainly understand your frustration,” Justice Department attorney Gordon Kromberg told the magistrate. Justice Department attorney Christian Dibblee said the government recognizes that Porter didn't authorize a “fishing expedition.”“The government does take that seriously,” he said. Justice Department attorneys argued that the government is entitled to keep the seized material because it contains evidence in an ongoing investigation with national security implications.
Source: Washington Post February 21, 2026 14:43 UTC