Johor peat fire: Extinguishing operations 50% complete - News Summed Up

Johor peat fire: Extinguishing operations 50% complete


The Johor State Fire and Rescue Department said that approximately 49.8 hectares, or nearly half of the 99.55 hectares affected, had been brought under control and extinguished. "An excavator rented from the Pengerang Municipal Council is being used to create fire breaks to prevent the blaze from spreading further. The extinguishing operation is being carried out in stages involving two main sectors," the post read. The operation also involves cooperation from the Royal Malaysia Police, the Civil Defence Force, Pengerang Municipal Council, the Irrigation and Drainage Department, the Public Works Department, and the Environment Department. Johor Fire and Rescue Department deputy director Assistant Fire Commissioner Muhammad Al Mustakim Abdul Hady, who was present to oversee the operation, said efforts would continue until the fire was fully extinguished.


Source: The Star January 27, 2026 17:04 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */