TOM PULLAR-STRECKER/STUFF Wellington man Mafaufau Sanerivi had yet to regain access to his Inland Revenue accounts on Friday after the tax department said he was dead. Inland Revenue later called him back "and they said the problem with my account was that I was dead". "Inland Revenue has set up a new process to prevent correspondence being sent to deceased people, which has been running since we reopened on April 26. Inland Revenue has been contacted for comment on that concern. She had been advised by Inland Revenue that the issue was unlikely to be fixed before the deadline for submitting IR3s, she said.
Source: Stuff May 23, 2019 02:36 UTC