Forest activity ban relaxed as fire risk falls - News Summed Up

Trending Today


Forest activity ban relaxed as fire risk falls


The risk of forest fires in New Brunswick has fallen "significantly" since last Friday, but there are still several burning and restrictions on activity in the woods will continue through the weekend, says the minister of natural resources and energy development. Minister Mike Holland said an "extreme fire hazard" is why he took the "extreme measure" of banning all activity in Crown forests last week. All human activity poses a risk." The Crown land activity ban was relaxed Thursday to allow forestry and recreational travel outside of the highest risk hours. A view from a JDI Ltd. spotter plane flying over Cains River fires in York County last month.


Source: CBC News June 25, 2020 18:22 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */