A police officer in Da Nang City, central Vietnam reads out an arrest warrant to a foreign suspect, identified by police as Zhang Junhua, in connection with an alleged property theft case. Photo: Trang PhuongCity police said on Monday they had launched criminal proceedings against a 42-year-old foreign suspect, identified as Zhang Junhua, on allegations of property theft and ordered his three-month detention for investigation. The woman reported that her backpack, containing personal items, about VND75 million ($2,900) and $400, had been stolen. The man said he lost his passport, about VND60 million (around $2,310), $200, and several bank cards. After examining the scene and gathering information, investigators identified a foreign man who had been at the restaurant at the time of the theft and left shortly afterward.
Source: Tuoitre News February 17, 2026 12:58 UTC