A musician slated to perform at the Folk on the Rocks music festival in Yellowknife has been removed from the lineup over allegations of sexual violence, according to a festival official. The artist in question says the process lacks transparency, and that he'll take action to restore his professional and personal reputation. Carly McFadden, the festival's executive and artistic director, told CBC News the festival had received information about rumoured allegations a few weeks ago but on Sunday, had received "first hand accounts by community members" about allegations of "sexualized violence and assault." McFadden would not say whether police were investigating the allegations or whether Boulanger had been charged. Folk on the Rocks is still paying Boulanger for the cancelled appearance, confirmed McFadden, but she wouldn't say how much.
Source: CBC News July 12, 2021 22:30 UTC