The family of a Canadian man detained in Egypt is calling for the Canadian government to intervene at the highest levels after he was taken from an airport in Cairo last week. The family of a Canadian man detained in Egypt is calling on the federal government to step in after they were informed that he is being held in a notorious prison without charge. Richard Walker, a spokesperson with Global Affairs, confirmed that Global Affairs is aware that a Canadian citizen was detained in Egypt. As of Sunday, Amal said the family had been informed her father had been transported to Tora Prison. “It’s ironic that on Family Day, the day that families are supposed to come together, my family was torn apart,” Amal told the Star.
Source: thestar February 24, 2019 19:30 UTC