The Football Association has declared that Manchester United co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe will not be charged over his comments in which he claimed the UK had been "colonised by immigrants". An investigation was launched into the comments to determine if Sir Jim had brought the game into disrepute. TRENDING Stories Videos Your SayBoth Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and Manchester United fan groups had condemned the interview, calling for a public apology. Sir Jim Ratcliffe has apologised for his comments | PAThe controversy began when Jim Ratcliffe told Sky News: "You can’t have an economy with nine million people on benefits and huge levels of immigrants coming in. He said: "Sir Jim made his statement and the club made a statement on the back of it.
Source: BBC February 20, 2026 17:34 UTC