Expert says warnings about N.B.'s COVID reopening plan were voiced, ignored - News Summed Up

Expert says warnings about N.B.'s COVID reopening plan were voiced, ignored


It has recorded more than 1,400 new cases since lifting public health restrictions in July, including 470 for the week ending last Friday. (Nathan Denette/Canadian Press)He believed at the time of New Brunswick's July reopening that public health protections like mandatory indoor masking needed to be maintained to protect against what is happening now, and said so publicly. Dr. Theresa Tam is Canada's Chief Public Health Officer. (Adrian Wyld/The Canadian Press)Among those under 40, just 48 per cent had been fully vaccinated at the time reopening was announced. She said any province dropping public health restrictions risked having its hospital system overrun "if the vaccine rate going up is not as fast as the relaxation of measures."


Source: CBC News September 27, 2021 12:01 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */