Photo: ReutersA French appeals court has ordered doctors to resume giving food and water to a French quadriplegic, lawyers say, some 12 hours after medics switched off the man's life support against his parents' will. "The feeding and hydration of Vincent must be restarted without delay," declared Jean Paillot on Monday, a lawyer for Lambert's parents who launched multiple legal bids to keep his care going. His wife, Rachel, and some of his siblings say care should be withdrawn. His doctors in the northeastern city of Reims said earlier this month that they would start withdrawing care after all legal avenues had been exhausted. Photo: Reuters'LET HIM GO'The Strasbourg-based tribunal declared there was no violation of Lambert's right to life in the medics' decision while the French president said the decision on Lambert's fate did not rest with him.
Source: Otago Daily Times May 20, 2019 22:41 UTC