A 25-year-old man died in Chennai on Tuesday after he entered a septic tank at the Express Avenue Mall to rescue his brother. He was part of a crew of manual scavengers employed by a private agency to carry out this illegal work. He shared the story as he wrote, "Do we have enough precautionary devices to aid these hero’s?" Of the five, Ranjithkumar first entered the septic tank and was cleaning it when he fainted inside due to the poisonous gases. While Arunkumar managed to get in and push his brother out, he himself got affected by the toxic fumes and died of asphyxiation.
Source: dna November 12, 2019 13:05 UTC