Dislodged Suez Canal ship held, owner sued for $1.2b - News Summed Up

Trending Today


Dislodged Suez Canal ship held, owner sued for $1.2b


The Ever Given container ship, owned by Shoei Kisen, has been in a lake separating two sections of the canal since it was dislodged on March 29, as the Suez Canal Authority (SCA) conducts investigations. Two SCA sources, who declined to be named, told Reuters a court order had been issued for the ship to be held. Negotiations over the compensation claim were still taking place, according to one of the sources. He said the canal had borne "great moral damage" as well as shipping fee losses and salvage operation costs. Results of the SCA's investigation were expected by the end of the week, according to SCA sources.


Source: Otago Daily Times April 13, 2021 22:18 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */