Cuba St in central Wellington re-opened over 'suspicious package' found to be safe - News Summed Up

Cuba St in central Wellington re-opened over 'suspicious package' found to be safe


Firefighters respond to an incident on Wellington's Cuba St.A central Wellington street has been re-opened after a suspicious package was found inside a building. Cuba St between Vivian and Abel Smith streets were initially blocked off to pedestrians by police and fire services, but shops and other businesses were not evacuated. A police spokeswoman said police were alerted to the incident about 2.25pm, but left the scene shortly after 4pm when the contents of the package were found to be safe. READ MORE:* Police and fire responding to incident on central Wellington street* Coronavirus: Irish bars to check passports as St Patrick's Day revelry goes ahead* Social services prepare to keep families warm in Taranaki as the winter chill kicks inRoss Giblin/Stuff Firefighters respond to an incident on Wellington's Cuba St.“As a precautionary measure, cordons have been in put in place while an examination takes place.”A Fire and Emergency NZ spokesman said eight fire trucks were sent to the scene, but since then the road had re-opened with traffic “flowing freely”. A Stuff photographer at the scene, said emergency services had congregated near the Salvation Army building and that a hazmat command unit was at the scene.


Source: Stuff August 21, 2020 03:44 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */