The number of hospitalised coronavirus patients in Wuhan, the Chinese city where Covid-19 is thought to have originated, reached zero after the last patient was released on Friday, the state-run Xinhua news agency has said. In Hubei province - the country's hardest-hit region - the number of existing Covid-19 cases was reported to have dropped below 50 for the first time. No new confirmed cases of the disease had been announced in more than 20 days in the province, Xinhua said. READ MORE:* Coroanvirus: Full coverage* Coronavirus: China reveals more deaths in Wuhan* Coronavirus: Wuhan, China cautiously revives after lockdown* Coronavirus: Kiwi family back from Wuhan - 'Everyone is trying to help us'Getty Images Wuhan was locked down from January to April. The coronavirus, which is believed to have originated in a wet market in Wuhan first emerged in December before spreading worldwide.
Source: Stuff April 27, 2020 03:22 UTC