Complaints of social-distancing infractions drop in Toronto on heels of ticketing blitz - News Summed Up

Complaints of social-distancing infractions drop in Toronto on heels of ticketing blitz


Complaints of social-distancing infractions in Toronto fell by more than a third on the first day of a new ticketing blitz that threatened violators with $1,000 fines, Mayor John Tory said Sunday. The numbers dipped to 186 on Saturday from 300 on Friday, Tory told the Star. Officers issued 48 tickets Saturday for the use of closed park amenities and not practising physical distancing, according to a City of Toronto news release. Tory, who had been calling for stricter measures for several days, said social distancing is key to keeping the spread of COVID-19 down. “But we’ve still got a lot to do in the context of stopping the spread of this.”


Source: thestar April 12, 2020 23:37 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */