Car park pothole which exposed mains wires deemed safe by council - News Summed Up

Car park pothole which exposed mains wires deemed safe by council


A POTHOLE in a Henley carpark which exposed electrical wires has been deemed safe by the district council. South Oxfordshire District Council said on Thursday that the mains wires exposed in a 30cm by 10cm pothole in Kings Road car park had been inspected and were not live. Mr Akehurst said he reported the hazard to South Oxfordshire District Council as well as parking facilities company Saba, which the council contracts to manage its car parks. He said he was mostly concerned about whether the exposed wires were still “live” but so far had not identified anyone who could shed light on the matter. The district council later confirmed the following Thursday the wires were not live and that workers were hoping to fix the hole as soon as possible.


Source: Express February 20, 2026 23:15 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */