CBS defends 'Bull' renewal after star faced misconduct claim - News Summed Up

CBS defends 'Bull' renewal after star faced misconduct claim


NEW YORK — CBS defended its decision to renew the drama series “Bull” after settling a sexual harassment claim against its star Michael Weatherly, saying the actor “owned” and apologized for his on-set behaviour toward actress Eliza Dushku. Last year, the allegation and a $9.5 million confidential settlement reached with Dushku were made public in a report by The New York Times . In renewing Weatherly’s series, CBS considered the actor’s long tenure at the network, including more than a decade on “NCIS,” Kahl said. “So, when we look at the totality of the situation, we felt comfortable bringing ‘Bull’ back on the air,” he said. Asked about the decision by Amblin Entertainment to withdraw from its work on the series following its renewal, Kahl said he couldn’t answer for them.


Source: National Post May 15, 2019 15:22 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */