Bushfire destroys 18 vehicles in Johor Baru - News Summed Up

Bushfire destroys 18 vehicles in Johor Baru


JOHOR BARU:A total of 18 vehicles were damaged after a bushfire spread to a parking area next to a mosque in Taman Bukit Mewah here. The Johor Fire and Rescue Department said it received an emergency call at 1.32pm on Tuesday (Jan 27) regarding the incident. A team from the Larkin fire and rescue station was dispatched and arrived at the scene at 1.45pm, about 12km away. Operation commander Nakish Nekmat said the blaze involved an estimated 0.37ha of bushland and had already spread to several parked vehicles before firefighters arrived. Nakish said a total of nine firefighters with two vehicles, one Fire Rescue Tender (FRT) and one Emergency Medical Rescue Service (EMRS), were involved in the operation.


Source: The Star January 28, 2026 02:44 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */