A man allegedly tried to abduct a young boy in Linton, Manawatu last week. A spokeswoman this morning said police were looking into the reported attempt and were speaking with the boy to find out exactly what had happened. Because of the proximity to the Linton Military Camp, the military police were informed. Linton Camp School principal Geoff Franks said the school was informed of the attempted abduction. The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) said police were in charge of the investigation so was unable to comment.
Source: Otago Daily Times February 01, 2017 00:56 UTC