Premier Jason Kenney announced Saturday the province would be sending personal protective equipment or PPE to other provinces battling COVID-19. Kenney made the announcement from an Alberta Health Services (AHS) warehouse while espousing the province's readiness for the pandemic. Kenney said Alberta is so far outperforming the probable scenario of models released earlier this week, which predicted as many as 800,000 infections. Kenney said the numbers supported the belief that Alberta would have beds and medical equipment beyond its need. This brings the total numbers of deaths in the province to 40.
Source: CBC News April 11, 2020 20:47 UTC