Murray Kannewischer was jailed for eight years for two decades of abuse. PHOTO: ROB KIDDAn 85-year-old Dunedin man jailed for eight years for sexually abusing six girls continues to deny his guilt. ‘‘You preyed on these defenceless young women when they were all at about the same stage of physical and emotional development,’’ he said. He had recently told Probation one of the victims was his ‘‘favourite’’ while another he labelled a ‘‘schemer’’, the court heard. One victim told the jury at trial she had been violated while the defendant’s wife was in hospital giving birth.
Source: Otago Daily Times December 19, 2017 16:08 UTC