133-year-old Arthur St School building to be relocated - News Summed Up

133-year-old Arthur St School building to be relocated


The 133-year-old infants’ building at Arthur St School will be relocated by the Ministry of Education in preparation for the school’s rebuild. A new home for the 143-year-old heritage-listed infants’ building at Arthur St School in central Dunedin is yet to be found, but work has been done to preserve a leaking annexe in preparation for the building’s move. Arthur St School principal Kim Blackwood said the school board of trustees supported the decision to move the infants’ building. It’s a huge part of Arthur St School and its heritage." Contracts for the school rebuild were awarded to Ignite Architects in Queenstown and The Building Intelligence Group last week, she said.


Source: Otago Daily Times August 23, 2020 16:30 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */