‘Lorry shortage leads to KL rubbish crisis’ - News Summed Up

‘Lorry shortage leads to KL rubbish crisis’


THE rubbish crisis affecting parts of Kuala Lumpur earlier this month was set off in mid-November after 14 tipper lorries were seized for operating without permits to transport rubbish, a waste contractor says. The lorries, confiscated by the Road Transport Department (JPJ), are used for transporting waste to and from the city’s solid waste transfer station. Soo said tipper lorries transported about 1,200 tonnes of waste a day and without them, rubbish began piling up. The situation was further compounded by damage to operational equipment at the waste transfer station’s bay platform, first detected in December 2025. Regarding complaints on long waiting hours for rubbish lorries entering the station, Soo said the matter was beyond their control.


Source: The Star January 30, 2026 01:01 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...

                           
/* -------------------------- overlay advertisemnt -------------------------- */