Jason Cundy spectacularly left the talkSPORT studio to jokingly PUNCH a producer live on air on Wednesday night. Cundy and fellow talkSPORT host Jamie O'Hara were discussing Wednesday's Premier League action on The Sports Bar in midweek. 3 Jason Cundy walked out of the talkSPORT studio to punch producer Alex Irons Credit: talkSPORTFormer Chelsea man Cundy, sporting a clown hat and bowtie, had been forced to watch the Blues fall to a 2-1 loss at west London rivals Fulham. Cundy continued as O'Hara and United fan Dave discussed United. The Sports Bar will return tonight between 10pm and 1am to discuss Arsenal's welcome of Liverpool, which you can listen to live on talkSPORT.

January 08, 2026 19:55 UTC

The Democratic-led legislation, which bars further US hostilities against Venezuela without explicit congressional authorisation, got through a key procedural vote with support from five Republicans. “But make no mistake, bombing another nation’s capital and removing their leader is an act of war, plain and simple. Republican leaders largely defended the president, touting his authority to conduct limited military actions in defence of US national security. “Only President Trump had the backbone to pull it off, to pull out an indicted, illegitimate president that was holding Venezuela hostage.”Since Trump returned to office, war powers resolutions on Venezuela have been rejected twice in the Senate and twice in the House. Over the last century, only one congressional resolution has successfully imposed a broad, lasting limit on unilateral presidential military action abroad: the War Powers Resolution of 1973, passed over then-president Richard Nixon’s veto.

January 08, 2026 18:17 UTC

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has commended President Bola Tinubu and the Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, over the completion of the Bodo–Bonny Road, describing the project as a long-standing dream finally realised. He described the road as a “political project” that had been promised by successive administrations without result, noting that the Tinubu-led government delivered it without pressure. “All of us know that this Bodo–Bonny road has been a political road for long. Tinubu, who spoke through Umahi at the ceremony, described the project as a flagship achievement of his Renewed Hope Agenda. “The dream of the Bonny Kingdom has come true; the dream of the Bodo Kingdom has come true,” the President said.

January 08, 2026 18:11 UTC

The Federal Government has said that the Super Eagles’ match bonuses at the ongoing 2025 Africa Cup of Nations have cleared the necessary regulatory stages. PUNCH Online had reported that the Super Eagles on Wednesday threatened to boycott travel to the host city of their quarter-final match at the AFCON over unpaid allowances. Earlier, the Chairman of the National Sports Commission, Shehu Dikko, has said that all financial entitlements of Super Eagles players and officials have been resolved. Dikko told NAN that President Bola Tinubu approved the Super Eagles’ AFCON 2025 budget in November 2025, bringing alignment among the NSC, the Nigeria Football Federation and the players. The Eagles have won all four matches at the ongoing AFCON and are the competition’s highest-scoring side with 12 goals.

January 08, 2026 17:55 UTC

I’ve now made a commitment to the staff and players that I’ll personally pay the bonuses if the authorities fail to before Saturday,” Ndidi was quoted by Okeleji in an X post. “I don’t want these unpaid bonuses to affect our preparations. The Super Eagles’ camp was rocked by reports of alleged plans by players and officials to boycott travel to Marrakech and training on Thursday over unpaid bonuses for their three group stage fixtures and the round of 16. “We have implemented a fast-track conversion process to move funds into foreign currency, honouring the players’ preferences. Nigeria are chasing a fourth AFCON title in the North African country after previous triumphs in 1980, 1994 and 2013.

January 08, 2026 17:44 UTC





Lemo said Nigeria would have faced economic collapse if not for the painful economic reforms and tax measures introduced by President Bola Tinubu. “We thank God because we are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. He acknowledged that prices remain high but noted that inflation has been trending downward, with both headline and food inflation showing consistent moderation. Those who bought right will tell you prices were about 20 per cent cheaper than the previous year,” he said. If we don’t pay tax, where do we expect funding to come from?” he asked.

January 08, 2026 17:29 UTC

The Senator representing Abia North, Orji Kalu, has vowed to withdraw his support for Governor Alex Otti ahead of the 2027 general elections, saying he will henceforth focus on working for the All Progressives Congress in the state. Kalu, who spoke on Thursday at his country home in Igbere, alleged that he played a key role in Otti’s emergence as governor in 2023 but would not repeat such support in the next election cycle. The former governor said he was angered by a press statement issued by Otti’s Chief Press Secretary, Njoku Ocha, who criticised him for declaring that he would support President Bola Tinubu and work to deliver Abia for the APC in 2027. We had work for him to have won in 2023, and we are not going to do that again. He recalled that former President Olusegun Obasanjo once described him as an “action governor”, adding that his administration provided free education and healthcare.

January 08, 2026 17:21 UTC

When Is One Punch Man Season 3 Part 2 Coming Out? One Punch Man Season 3 Part 2 will be released sometime in 2027; an exact release date has not yet been announced. One Punch Man Season 3 Part 2 CastThe main cast of the anime will return in the second cour of One Punch Man Season 3. Does One Punch Man Season 3 Cour 2 Have a Trailer? Yes, One Punch Man Season 3 Cour 2 has a trailer that strongly hints at the upcoming confrontation between Saitama and Garou.

January 08, 2026 17:08 UTC

The Rivers State House of Assembly has formally activated the constitutional process that could remove Governor Siminalayi Fubara from office, deepening the political crisis that has trailed the state for more than a year. “I will ensure that this letter is forwarded to His Excellency Siminalayi Fubara, Governor of Rivers State, within seven days,” he told the House. Moments later, the deputy leader, Linda Stewart, laid a separate notice against Deputy Governor Odu, accusing her of reckless and unconstitutional spending, obstructing the Assembly from carrying out its duties and facilitating the occupation of offices by unauthorised persons. Thursday’s development marks the second impeachment move against Fubara and Odu in less than a year. The crisis prompted President Bola Tinubu to declare a state of emergency, suspending the governor, his deputy and the Assembly for six months.

January 08, 2026 17:03 UTC

Besides the three borrowed colours, the new Punch’s palette introduces two other wacky colour names, like in the SierraTata’s best-selling nameplate, the Tata Punch, is set to receive a facelift. And before it arrives on January 13, Tata is seeding its hype by releasing updates one at a time. Tata Punch Facelift: FeaturesThe Punch facelift will get a new freestanding 10.25-inch touchscreen, paired with a 7-inch digital driver’s display. Note: Tata hasn’t equipped the ICE Punch with any advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) functions, considering that it has a radar-like element on the bumper. Tata Punch Facelift: PowertrainThe previous teaser has already confirmed a new turbo engine in the upcoming Punch.

January 08, 2026 16:27 UTC

Experts have raised an alarm over the growing public health risks posed by worsening urban air pollution in Nigeria, warning that toxic emissions from transport systems are fueling rising cases of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases across major cities. According to Associate Prof. Sadiq Sani, Founder and CEO of Netzence Sustainability Limited, and the company’s COO, Idia Ogedegbe, exposure to air pollution gradually manifests in chronic coughs, asthma, heart disease, and shortened life expectancy, while straining overstretched healthcare systems. The experts urged sustained reductions in transport emissions, noting that cleaner mobility solutions could improve both public health and economic outcomes. “Transport emissions remain a major contributor to this crisis,” Sani said. Ogedegbe stressed that air pollution is not just an environmental issue but also a public health and economic concern.

January 08, 2026 16:02 UTC

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has commenced the implementation of a new framework allowing international travellers to bring personal vehicles into Nigeria under a temporary admission arrangement valid for up to 90 days. According to the NCS, the new framework covers all personal, non-commercial vehicles belonging to international travellers visiting Nigeria for tourism, diplomatic, business, or personal purposes. It also aligns with WCO Guidelines on Temporary Admission and the Carnet de Passages en Douane (CPD) regulations,” the service stated. The NSC noted that international travellers are required to present valid documents such as international passport, international driver’s license, vehicle registration, insurance, and CPD at the point of entry. ” At the point of exit, travellers should present the vehicle and the approved customs Temporary Admission Declaration.

January 08, 2026 16:02 UTC

Petrol station workers under the aegis of the Concerned Petrol Station Workers have opposed plans by AA Rano to introduce what the company described as Nigeria’s first fully automated and unmanned fuel stations. However, reacting to the announcement, the convener of the Concerned Petrol Station Workers and rights advocate, Comrade Ibrahim Zango, expressed strong reservations about the development. In a statement issued in Kaduna on Thursday, Zango said many young Nigerians currently engaged as petrol station attendants could lose their means of livelihood. He noted that the timing of the initiative was wrong, given the country’s prevailing economic challenges and rising unemployment rate. He further appealed to AA Rano’s management to uphold its social responsibility, noting that many petrol station attendants today were once at the same starting point as the company’s chairman.

January 08, 2026 15:51 UTC

The US officials and senior officers from the Nigerian Air Force led by the CAS, Air Marshal Sunday Aneke during the meeting. Credit: NAFOfficers of the Nigerian Air Force have met with senior officials of the United States Government and representatives of Messrs Bell Textron to fast-track the acquisition of 12 AH-1Z attack helicopters. A statement on Thursday by the NAF spokesperson, Ehimen Ejodame, said the meeting focused on assessing the status of the helicopter acquisition and measures to ensure the timely delivery of the 12 AH-1Z platforms. Aneke expressed appreciation to the United States Government and Messrs Bell Textron for their continued cooperation, professionalism, and transparency in the execution of the helicopter acquisition programme. According to Military Africa, the formal production and delivery contract for the 12 AH-1Z helicopters, valued at $455 million, was awarded to Bell Textron on 12 March 2024 by the U.S. Department of Defence.

January 08, 2026 15:51 UTC

Renowned author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and her husband, Dr Ivara Esege, have lost one of their twin boys, Nkanu Nnamdi. The death was confirmed on Wednesday by the Communications Team for Adichie in a statement signed by Omawumi Ogbe and shared exclusively with The Guardian. The statement read, “We’re deeply saddened to confirm the passing of one of Ms Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Dr Ivara Esege’s twin boys, Nkanu Nnamdi, who passed on Wednesday, 7th of January 2026, after a brief illness. He was 21 months old.”It added, “The family is devastated by this profound loss, and we request that their privacy be respected during this incredibly difficult time. We ask for your grace and prayers as they mourn in private.”The statement further said, “No further statements will be made, and we thank the public and the media for respecting their need for seclusion during this period of immense grief.”

January 08, 2026 15:15 UTC