Sports News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Royal Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF) has dismissed reports claiming that national team head coach Walid Regragui has resigned from his position. In a statement issued on Friday, the federation described the reports as false and urged the public to disregard them. It clarified that no resignation letter has been received from Regragui, who remains focused on preparing the Atlas Lions for the 2026 FIFA World Cup. “The Royal Moroccan Football Federation (FRMF) categorically denies reports in some media outlets claiming that the national team coach, Walid Regragui, has submitted his resignation,” the statement read. Performance of Ghanaian Players Abroad wrap-up: Sulemana scores first Cagliari goalSpeculation about Regragui’s future surfaced following Morocco’s defeat in the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations final.

February 06, 2026 21:58 UTC

Business News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Ministry of Finance has officially relocated its offices from the Ministries enclave to Kanda in Accra, with full operations set to begin at the new location on Monday, February 9, 2026. The relocation means that all official business, correspondence, and visits to the Ministry of Finance will now be handled at its new address on Tumu Avenue, Kanda. “The Ministry of Finance wishes to inform the general public that it has officially relocated its offices to Kanda, Accra,” the statement said. Despite the location change, the ministry assured the public that its contact telephone numbers and email addresses remain unchanged. The announcement was issued by the Public Relations Unit of the Ministry of Finance and took immediate effect.

February 06, 2026 20:58 UTC

Entertainment of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comOn February 3, President John Dramani Mahama paid a state visit to Zambia. However, what could have been an ordinary visit sparked an online row followed by massive Ghanaian solidarity. The president had first drawn the attention of Zambians online for his choice of attire - a traditional Ghanaian smock, popularly known as fugu. Some Zambian social media users described the outfit as a “blouse.” The remark triggered intense exchanges across social media platforms, with many Ghanaians pushing back against what they viewed as a misrepresentation of a symbolic cultural garment. The moment has further sparked calls for the establishment of a National Fugu Day.

February 06, 2026 20:26 UTC

General News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comMinister of Interior Muntaka Mohammed-Mubarak has lifted the curfew in Binduri in the Upper East Region, citing improved peace and security. According to a statement released on February 6, 2026, the directive follows recommendations from the Upper East Regional Security Council and the issuance of an Executive Instrument. The Interior Ministry, through the press release, has urged traditional leaders, opinion leaders, youth, and residents of the area to continue exercising restraint and resolve disagreements via non-violent means. The curfew had been put in place as a security measure to curb unrest in the area. Lifting the curfew signals a return to normalcy for residents, who are now encouraged to work together to sustain harmony in their communities.

February 06, 2026 19:37 UTC

In a report by graphic.com.gh on February 5, 2026, the Chief Justice explained that prisons are primarily intended to reform offenders, but excessively lengthy sentences often defeat that goal. Court congestion undermining justice delivery - Chief JusticeHe stressed that although long sentences may be justified in some cases, they often undermine the reformative purpose of imprisonment. When I was a High Court judge, I gave Ataa Ayi 70 years, so I am not against long sentences. But long sentences really affect the prison population and, sometimes, they are counterproductive,” he said. Justice Baffoe-Bonnie also attributed prison congestion to delays in the judicial process, particularly the lengthy time suspects spend on remand.

February 06, 2026 18:47 UTC





According to the judge, Agradaa’s lawyers informed the court that their client was extremely fearful ahead of the hearing, to the point where she could not sleep at night and was even afraid to attend the final sentencing. Agradaa and her lawyers subsequently filed an appeal and first appeared before the Amasaman High Court on December 4, 2025. AppealAgradaa, through her lawyers, argued that the trial was unfair, that the evidence did not support the ruling, and that the 15-year sentence was excessive. Why Agradaa's sentence has been reducedOn Thursday, February 5, 2026, the Amasaman High Court delivered a landmark judgment, reducing her original 15-year prison term to 12 months. The ruling means Nana Agradaa will serve a one-year sentence under the revised judgment unless further legal action is pursued.

February 06, 2026 18:33 UTC

This was after the president ensured that an unidentified woman, going up stage, did not fall while climbing during the Zambia-Ghana Business Dialogue in Lusaka. ‘I wore Fugu to UN but I’m surprised Zambians didn't see it’ - President Mahama wades into debateThe dialogue, co-chaired by the President Mahama and President Hakainde Hichilema of Zambia, provided a platform for Ghana to showcase its digital technologies and fintech services to Zambian businesses and government institutions. It was also aimed at fostering economic partnerships and knowledge exchange between the two countries. The footage showed the president on the dais with one official holding on to the woman to prevent her from falling. See the video below :The moment President Mahama prevented a lady from falling at the Zambia–Ghana Business Dialogue in Lusaka.

February 06, 2026 15:40 UTC

Business News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) has released more than GH¢620 million in February 2026 to Licensed Buying Companies (LBCs) to settle outstanding payments and enable them to pay cocoa farmers for their produce. This includes GH¢6 billion in January 2026, GH¢5 billion in December 2025, and another GH¢6 billion in November 2025. “In fact, in November, we made over GH¢6 billion, December we made over GH¢5 billion, and even January, we made GH¢6 billion. Licensed Cocoa Buyers Association sounds alarm on cocoa funding crisis. His remarks follow public backlash over the delayed payment of cocoa farmers for several months.

February 06, 2026 15:26 UTC

Sports News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comFormer Black Stars midfielder, Sulley Muntari has disclosed that he has stepped away from football-related activities to focus on his personal life. So stepping away from football and living a normal life was easy for me because even during my playing days, that’s how I lived,” he said. Muntari hinted that he could return to football in the next few years to pursue a career path within the sport. Sulley Muntari announced his retirement from football in November 2022 at the age of 38. Watch the interview below:@official.nash84 I don't wanna do anything with football 😲🥲 exclusive with SULLEY MUNTARI 🥲 very interesting ♬ original sound - KING NASH UPDATE 🇬🇭🤩🗝️🏟️SB/JE

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC

Sports News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comKarim Benzema made a stunning statement for Saudi Pro League leaders Al-Hilal after scoring a hat-trick and providing an assist as his new side cruised to a 6-0 win over Al-Akhdoud on Thursday, February 5, 2026. The 38-year-old joined Al-Hilal on Monday, February 2, 2026, reportedly turning down a contract extension with Al-Ittihad, whom he had joined in 2023 after 14 successful years at Real Madrid. He doubled the lead in the 60th minute with a low, close-range drive and completed his hat-trick just four minutes later with another clinical finish. Saudi Pro League ‘warns’ Cristiano Ronaldo over strike actionThe former France striker then set up Malcom for Al-Hilal’s fourth goal before being substituted in the 71st minute. AFC 2025 Player of the Year, Salem Al-Dawsari, completed the rout with a second-half brace.

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC

Sports News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comManager Walid Regragui has reportedly resigned from his role as head coach of the Moroccan national team ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup in the United States, Canada and Mexico. According to several media reports, the coach is unwilling to continue as the head coach of the Atlas Lions because of the events that unfolded under his leadership at the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations. CAF bans Senegal coach Pape Thiaw for 5 matches, fines him $100KThe exact reasons behind his decision to resign as head coach of the Atlas Lions have not yet been made public, as discussions are ongoing. The loss left some fans and journalists frustrated, with many questioning when the coach would step down, especially after the final match. Prior to this, Regragui led the Atlas Lions to the semi-finals of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, finishing in fourth place and becoming the first African nation to reach that stage.

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC

General News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comThe Minister of Roads and Highways, Governs Kwame Agbodza, has defended the 24-Hour Economy Authority Bill, 2025, arguing that the policy is already being implemented through the government’s Big Push infrastructure programme. According to him, quality road networks are critical to improving supply chain efficiency and sustaining continuous economic activity. 24-Hour Economy: Ghanaians' appetite for shift-based work high“Mr Speaker, for you to have a clear synergy between the supply chain, you need good roads in this country. So, the 24-hour economy is not yet coming; it is already here being implemented,” he said. According to her, the proposed 24-Hour Economy Authority would ensure proper coordination, accountability and effective implementation of the policy nationwide.

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC

She warned that enforcement efforts will likely continue to face limitations until the necessary amendments to the Data Protection Act are enacted. Patricia Adusei-Poku noted that many companies remain unclear about their obligations, leading to unintentional violations or delays in implementing proper data protection measures. Global data protection expert Patricia Adusei-Poku outlines key projects she is leading“When the ecosystem is well-informed, enforcement becomes meaningful. Organisations must review their data systems proactively, not just react to penalties,” Patricia Adusei-Poku noted. The Data Protection Commission has stated that 2026 will be a decisive year for enforcing Ghana’s data protection laws, warning that institutions that fail to comply will face sanctions.

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC

General News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comIllegal drugs valued at GH¢2.4 million have been destroyed by the Northern Regional Command of the Narcotics Control Commission (NACOC) in Tamale. The drugs, which were burnt at the Gbalahi Field, were part of efforts by NACOC to eradicate drug trafficking in the Northern Regional capital and curb its abuse by individuals. NACOC said the exercise was conducted under orders of the Circuit Court following the successful prosecution and conviction of suspects connected to the seized drugs. The drugs destroyed included large quantities of marijuana and synthetic opioids such as tramadol and its variants. Narcotics Commission destroys GH¢500,000 worth of illegal drugsThe Narcotics Control Commission reaffirmed its commitment to collaborating with stakeholders and local communities to curb drug abuse and trafficking in the Northern Region.

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC

Health News of Friday, 6 February 2026Source: www.ghanaweb.comAdjoa Obuobia Darko-Opoku, Administrator of the Ghana Medical Trust Fund (GMTF), shared a deeply personal reflection on her week spent visiting hospitals, highlighting the fragility and sacredness of life. How a single moment separates normal from never the same again,” she wrote, describing the stark reality of hospital life. 'Help us save lives' - GMTF boss appeals to corporate Ghana to rescue Ridge Hospital“I saw strength give way without warning. I saw families lean fully into faith, not because they wanted to, but because it was the last thing standing,” she said. The GMTF Administrator also emphasised how hospitals reveal the truth about life itself.

February 06, 2026 15:24 UTC