“In his call, the SIS Director told me that tomorrow will be dangerous and something can happen. Then Defence Ministry Secretary (Hemasiri Fernando) also called me not long after and inquired whether I got a call from Nilantha. I was puzzled as even the report sent by the SIS Director earlier in the day did not speak of an imminent attack. Former Defence Ministry Secretary Hemasiri Fernando told the Committee that the SIS Director also called him on April 20 evening and said “Something will happen tomorrow. “Though the information was not specific, the CNI’s letter was signed by him on behalf of the Defence Ministry Secretary.
Source: Sunday Times June 08, 2019 19:12 UTC