Tennessee woman warns pet owners of dangerous ingredient in chewing gum after dog dies - News Summed Up

Tennessee woman warns pet owners of dangerous ingredient in chewing gum after dog dies


At just 3 years old, a husky-mix named Canon had a lot of life left to live. But that abruptly changed when the pup ate a piece of sugar-free chewing gum this past weekend, leading to his untimely death, his owner said. “I’ve cried a lot about it,” Canon’s owner, Christy Figlio, of Nashville, Tennessee, told Fox News. The couple was told Canon’s liver was “shutting down” and his blood was not clotting correctly -- both signs of xylitol poisoning. While she’s still grieving the pup’s death -- as is Conrad, the couple’s other dog -- Figlio said she is “so happy so many people have seen [the story].”“At least we feel like we’re helping,” she said.


Source: Fox News October 11, 2018 17:58 UTC



Loading...

Loading...