AFP, TEHRANThe Iranian government yesterday warned people against further protests after two days of demonstrations sparked by anger over an array of economic problems. State broadcaster Islamic Republic of Iran News Network said it had been banned from covering the protests that on Thursday spread from Iran’s second city, Mashhad, to other areas. The protests initially targeted economic problems, but quickly turned against the Muslim regime as a whole. Media coverage inside Iran focused almost exclusively on pro-regime rallies held yesterday to mark the defeat of the last major protest movement in 2009. “Then, they were middle-class and their slogans went beyond economic matters to things like cultural liberties,” he told reporters.
Source: Taipei Times December 30, 2017 16:07 UTC