Inspections of Buckyballs to be mandatory - News Summed Up

Inspections of Buckyballs to be mandatory


Often marketed as educational toys, Buckyballs are said to stimulate creativity and improve logical reasoning, the Consumer Protection Committee said. Swallowing Buckyballs could result in gastrointestinal perforation, blood poisoning or even death, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission has said. From 2017 to last year, there were three cases of children swallowing Buckyballs in Taiwan, the committee said. As a result, the ministry decided to include Buckyballs on a list of toys subject to mandatory inspection, it said. From October, Buckyballs must pass inspections before they can be sold in the market, it said, adding that the ministry would carry out stricter sampling inspections of the product.


Source: Taipei Times March 15, 2019 15:56 UTC



Loading...

Loading...