Beng Hock investigation inconsistent with Court of Appeal ruling, says family - News Summed Up

Beng Hock investigation inconsistent with Court of Appeal ruling, says family


PETALING JAYA: The Attorney General's decision on July 16 to re-investigate the case of Teoh Beng Hock under Section 342 (wrongful confinement) of the Penal Code is worrying, say Teoh's family and the Teoh Beng Hock Trust for Democracy. According to them, the reclassification of the case under Section 342 meant that police investigation from June 2018 to July 2019 had been in vain. "It is absolutely unneutral to classify the case as sudden death as the police are tasked to probe the ruling of the Court of Appeal, including the cause of injury on Teoh’s neck," they said. On Monday (Nov 18), police set up a special task force involving the Selangor Criminal Investigation Department and Bukit Aman to investigate Teoh's death. This followed the order by the Attorney General on July 16 that the sudden death case be investigated under Section 342 of the Penal Code (wrongful detention).


Source: The Star November 19, 2019 07:30 UTC



Loading...
Loading...
  

Loading...