more-inMumbai: A balloon vendor died when the hydrogen cylinder he was using exploded, in Bhandup on Saturday. Police said the deceased, Nadir Khan, his partner Changez Khan and their helper Dharmandra Harijan were filling balloons with gas before setting out to hawk their wares, when the cylinder exploded. DCP (Zone VII) Sachin Patil said, “Nadir bore the brunt of the explosion as he was closest; Changez sustained burns. Harijan, with the help of some shopkeepers, took them to Agrawal Hospital in Mulund, where Nadir was declared dead before admission. Preliminary questioning of Changez and Harijan showed that no precautions were taken while operating the hydrogen cylinder.
Source: The Hindu August 12, 2017 18:52 UTC