A young rugby player ate a slug on a ‘mate’s’ dare. Now he’s paralyzed. - News Summed Up

A young rugby player ate a slug on a ‘mate’s’ dare. Now he’s paralyzed.


(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)Sam Ballard swallowed the slug on a dare. Ballard, a young rugby player from Sydney, was a “larrikin” — a “rough-and-tumble” free-spirit, his mother said. Snails or slugs can become infected by eating the rat’s feces, according to the CDC, and people can become infected by eating the snails or slugs. According to the CDC:People can get infected by eating raw or undercooked snails or slugs that are infected with this parasite. The time between eating the slug or snail and getting sick is usually 1-3 weeks.


Source: Washington Post March 08, 2018 17:15 UTC



Loading...

Loading...