India Today Andhra Pradesh: 7 die after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning septic tank TwitterThe hotel owner has been charged with causing death due to negligence following the incident Friday night in Gujarat state's Vadodara districtSeven people have suffocated to death while cleaning a hotel septic tank in western India without safety gear, police said Saturday. The hotel owner has been charged with causing death due to negligence following the incident Friday night in Gujarat state's Vadodara district, a police official said. 7 sanitation workers die of suffocation while cleaning hotel drain in Gujarat’s #Vadodarahttps://t.co/R6ekukrsdK pic.twitter.com/mWguYN6T4M — National Herald (@NH_India) June 15, 2019When all four did not emerge after some time, the three hotel employees entered the tank, all seven of them losing their lives in the process, Azad added. Last year five people died in New Delhi while cleaning a sewage treatment tank. Indian legislators have passed several laws aiming to stamp out the age-old practice of manual scavenging, the latest in 2013.
Source: Dhaka Tribune June 15, 2019 08:48 UTC