Flights from Misrata will be on Sunday-Wednesday (two-ways) and from Labreg will be on Tuesday –Thursday (two-ways.) Thus, the force disowns the acts done in tis name in Hay Al-Andalus, Ghout Al-Shaal and Al-Siyahiya in Tripoli. He said this would be a step before the operation asks Algeria to support it on all levels. At least nine people were killed and some others injured in violent clashes Saturday night between Grabulli residents and an armed group from Tarhouna security operation room. _______________The Presidential Council-appointed CEO of the GECOL, Abdelmajid Hamza, said that the agreement with the Turkish company Anka has been resumed so that the company would resume work at Ubari gas power plant starting this February.
Athens-based METKA EPC has signed a $380 million contract with east Libya-based the General Authority for Electricity and Renewable Energy of the Interim Government to construct a power plant in Tobruk. The power plant would be METKA’s first major project in Libya. METKA is a leading international contractor and industrial manufacturing company. It is a member of the Mytilineos Group, the leading independent energy producer in Greece. Libya has been plunged into chronic power outages that affected most of the country’s cities and towns where blackouts last for several hours on a daily basis.
Would-be migrants and refugees in Libya are being subjected to torture, rape and even execution by the human traffickers who are holding them, a newspaper report said on Sunday, citing German diplomats posted in Africa. The diplomats' report, intended for the office of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and various ministries, spoke of "the most serious, systematic human rights violations," the paper said. Libyan coastguard patrols try to stop traffickersThe report said that the "concentration-camp-like" conditions in the "private prisons" were documented by credible photos and videos shot with cell phones. A deal with Libya similar to the one with Turkey has been mooted. More than 180,000 people came over the Mediterranean from north Africa to Italy last year, with almost 90 percent setting out from Libya.
NoneProtesters oppose the ban of two Iraqi refugees who were detained while trying to enter the country. President Trump signed an executive order Jan. 27, 2017, suspending all immigration from countries with terrorism concerns for 90 days. Craig Ruttle, AP
The Head of the Audit Bureau, Khalid Shekshak, said all of the Libyan government institutions will see a tremendous improvement starting from February 03 as cash will be available at the banks and foreign currencies will drop in price at the black market. “Money will be allocated for the Libyan citizens studying abroad and for those who are receiving medical treatments abroad as well.” He added. “This sort of action would definitely resolve the shortage of cash and would put an end to the hegemony of the businessmen of the black market on the exchange rates of the foreign currencies against the dinar.” Shekshak explained. He indicated that it is expected that the exchange of foreign currencies at the banks would provide 18 billion dinars in cash for the banks. “We’ll cash that money out for them by the end of January.” He remarked.
CLOSE Skip in Skip x Embed x Share President Donald Trump has barred all refugees from entering the United States for four months, and indefinitely banned all refugees from Syria. President Trump has issued a ban on all immigrants from Syria. How many immigrants does the U.S. admit, and how many come from the seven countries on Trump’s list? Immigration officials denied entry to immigrants from the seven countries after Trump signed the executive order, prompting lawsuits by some immigrants. Video provided by AFP Newslook 8 of 13 CLOSE Skip in Skip x Embed x Share EXECUTIVE ORDER ON REFUGEES SPARKS PROTESTS Refugees detained at U.S. borders challenge Donald Trump | 0:57 Lawyers are taking action against President Donald Trump's immigration policy.
"At the moment we cannot sign an agreement like that concluded with Turkey," said Merkel in a video podcast. She added that an agreement could only be reached once the political situation has improved and " the unity government is really a unity government that has control over the entire country. "Giving comments following an informal summit of Southern European countries, Muscat said that short-term measures were necessary. “The only solution there has been so far from Europe is the deal with Turkey. It isn’t a perfect deal and it has many problems, but it is the only solution we have had.
Does that mean the Obama administration achieved its goal of saving Libya from ISIS, and preventing the creation of a new safe haven for ISIS jihadis driven from their shrinking kingdom in Syria? "This was the largest remaining ISIS presence in Libya," a U.S. defense official said of the two jihadi encampments taken out in the airstrikes. In mid-2014, three years after the collapse of the Qaddafi regime, ISIS had about 1,000 fighters in Libya. He said that while the strikes that killed 90 "squirters" were a serious blow to ISIS in Libya, the group had not been "decimated." A map showing location of Sirte, Libya, formerly an ISIS stronghold.
___________________Tripoli Customs damaged expired beef and tomato paste cans that were in a container coming from Brazil. ___________________Al-Hasawna system, Jafara city, started Saturday service works to repair the damages caused to the station number 429, the middle water track, and the work is expected to finish by the end of next week. It added that the track will be filled with water once service works are done. ___________________Libyan Volleyball titleholder, Al-Sweihli, and Al-Itihad Al-Misrati, which came second, continue to prepare for Arab Clubs Volleyball 35th Tournament, which will be held in Bahrain on February 17. The step aims at alleviating the shortage of diesel fuel that has been persisting for three weeks in Tripoli and nearby areas.
The procession of breast-beating “liberals” doesn’t seem to end, not since Donald Trump eclipsed their most shining star — Hillary Clinton. After the victory in the First World War, neither Britain, France nor other allies quite envisioned the peace settlement the way US President Woodrow Wilson did. Now consider the casualty figures in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya and Yemen — a total of over a million dead and 15 million displaced. The world has flinched from that world order. We are transiting from one world order to the other.
CLOSE Skip in Skip x Embed x Share President Trump signed two more executive actions while at the Pentagon for the swearing-in ceremony of his Secretary of Defense James Mattis. President Trump signs executive orders in the Hall of Heroes at the Department of Defense on Jan. 27, 2017 in Arlington, Virginia. The executive order, released late Friday, shuts down the entire U.S. refugee program for 120 days. "I hereby proclaim that the entry of nationals of Syria as refugees is detrimental to the interests of the United States," the order read. "President Trump signed an order to help prevent jihadists from infiltrating the United States," McCaul said.
Former Tripoli mayor and military commander Mahdi al-Harati involved in sectarian attack in Malta in which a man suffered slight injuriesThe unrest in Libya appears to have continued to spill over into Malta as two young men from the failed North African state were charged with slightly injuring a fellow countryman in Malta on Wednesday. In 2014, Al-Harati was elected mayor of Libya's capital city of Tripoli but his tenure lasted just over a year after the Municipality of Central Tripoli sacked him over his faiulure to run the city effectively.Ahnish and Farag were also charged with threatening the two men and breaching the peace. Farag alone was accused of carrying a knife in public without police permission.Lawyers Arthur Azzopardi and Gianluca De Marco appearing separately as parte civile for the victims told the court that their clients had withdrawn their criminal complaints and were waiving their rights insofar as possible. Farag also admitted the knife charge.The defence requested the court order a ban on the publication of the name of al-Harati due to expected repercussions in Tripoli, but this request was turned down.Finding the men guilty of breaching the peace, it fined Ahnish €50. Farag was fined €30 for the breach of the peace, together with €116.47 for the knife charge.Lawyers Alfred Abela and Mario Mifsud appeared for the defendants.
The Chairman of the Culture Authority at Al-Thanni-chaired eastern government, Khalid Najim, has now hailed the seizure of literary and cultural books in Al-Marj town, days after condemning it. “I highly thank and appreciate Al-Marj Security Directorate for confiscating the books. It was a legal procedure because the books had no entry permit into the country.” Najim told Dubai-based Alarabiya channel on Wednesday. Sources claimed that Najim had to withdraw his condemnation over security fears for his life. East Libya’s Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Authority is controlled by a Salafist movement called Madkhalism.
Their message was clear: The regime change war the U.S. is fueling in Syria does not serve America’s interest, or the interest of the Syrian people. Time and again I was asked, “Why is the United States and its allies helping al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups take over Syria? Instead, we’ve heard incomplete, one-sided reports that push a narrative supporting this regime change war at the expense of Syrian lives. The consequences of this regime change war extend beyond the boundaries of Syria. Our limited resources should go toward rebuilding our communities here at home, not fueling more counterproductive regime change wars abroad.
Maltese presidency of EU suggested suspending key humanitarian principle of ‘non-refoulement’, which prohibits States from sending back refugees fleeing persecutionThe Maltese presidency of the European Council mooted a plan for the European Commission to explore a controversial way to send migrants and refugees back to Libya, by suspendingin times of crisis.The proposal, carried in a non-paper presented to home affairs ministers, contained a stunning suggestion to suspend the international humanitarian rule that prohibits pushbacks of migrants fleeing persecution, in times of particular crisis.Malta was said to enjoy not only the backing of Mediterranean EU states, but also those northern countries who will have elections this year and are facing an onslaught from far-rightists and nationalist populist parties.In an aide-memoire that was later evaluated by the European Commission, Malta was told that suspending non-refoulement would raise “complex legal issues” under European and international, as well as inside the European Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights.“The Commission could examine how to interpret and apply this principle [to] take into account the circumstances prevailing in crisis situations,” Malta was told ahead of this week’s meeting of EU home affairs ministers.On Sunday MaltaToday also reported that Malta was mooting the idea of striking a deal with other North African countries such as Algeria and Egypt, after paying Libya to stem the flow of migrants leaving its shores by boat, so that the EU could organise “humanitarian safe passages and corridors, that would get recognised asylum seekers to Europe safely.”The idea of striking a deal with Algeria and Egypt – countries with poor human rights records – was also mentioned by foreign minister George Vella , who however recognised the difficulty of implementing such a plan.The proposals were part of a non-paper presented by Malta, as a starting point for discussion.But this week, as EU interior ministers met in Malta to discuss the issue , EU Commissioner for Migration Dimitris Avramopoulos made it clear that the replication of a ‘Turkey-style’ deal with Libya was not possible.“The member states fully agree with the EC that we should treat every case separately,” he said. “Libya is not Turkey and what we did in Turkey cannot be replicated in Libya.”Ministers said on Thursday that if no further action is taken, uncontrolled irregular migration flows along the Central Mediterranean route will continue at the very high level recorded in 2016.“As the vast majority of migrants attempt to cross the Mediterranean from Libyan shores, the EU Member States, notably those most affected by the flow, Italy and Malta, are working closely with the Libyan authorities to control these flows and save lives at sea.”An ongoing project in Southern Libya by the International Organisation for Migration has been under way since May 2016, to addresse host communities, internally displaced persons and migrants. Ministers want to see whether the project should be extended and replicated elsewhere.The EU already has a training mission in Mali for border control, and in Niger to support authorities fighting human trafficking. The plan is to expand these missions across Mauritania, Burkina Faso and Chad.The ministers want to stop trafficking at the Niger-Libya border, but to do that means displacing communities whose livelihoods depend on migrant smuggling.“A European Migration Liaison Officer and a European Border and Coast Guard Agency liaison officer will be shortly deployed to Niger to help the EU further step up its capacity to discuss and develop cooperation with Nigerien authorities in tackling irregular migration and in better organising the migration management.”