Just a week after launching his Ukweli party, Starehe MP aspirant Boniface Mwangi has raised Sh160,000 for campaigns from well wishers. Among those Mwangi thanked for contributing to his campaign are a cobbler and a boda boda operator. Mwangi launched his party on Monday saying it will see him translate street fights for wananchi's rights into the making of key decisions in Parliament. Read: Boniface Mwangi launches Ukweli party, promises to take street fights to ParliamentAlso read: Activist Boniface Mwangi launches book ahead of race for Starehe MPMwangi further stated he will be in the ballot with the support of the people who have stood with him ahead of the general elections. He will be battling it out with incumbent Maina Kamanda, city businessman Steve Mbogo and musician Charles Kanyi aka Jaguar.
Arsene Wenger has revealed he could have signed Luis Suarez from Liverpool in the summer of 2013. In an interview with beIN Sports, Wenger insists that Suarez wanted to move to Arsenal and a deal had been done and challenged anyone to ask Suarez who joined Barcelona a year later. We had been wrongly advised that he had a clause, with a minimal clause, but we had an agreement with the player. “I'm convinced he wanted to join us and then they sold him. It comes just a few weeks after Wenger admitted he looked into signing Leicester City's Premier League title winner N'Golo Kante last summer, only to be beaten to him by Chelsea.
At Masinde Muliro grounds, the four vowed to remain united amid speculations of a rift among them over the choice of NASA flag bearer. Led by ODM leader Raila Odinga, the leaders said they were determined to remain united to remove Jubilee -- which it accused of spreading propaganda that the super alliance will break -- from power. “If we are indeed united, politicians should desist from giving ultimatums that it should be Kalonzo, Wetang’ula, Raila, Mudavadi or nothing. Instead, Raila tore into Jubilee achievements, claiming Kenyans were not foolish to believe their lies. Wetang’ula promised that NASA would hand Jubilee a resounding defeat.
| Updated Sat, March 25th 2017 at 00:00 GMT +3Chairman of the council of Governors Peter MunyaThe Kenya Medical Practitioners, Pharmacists and Dentist Union (KMPDU) has put governors on the spot over payment of Sh3.2 billion accumulated salaries for doctors. KMPDU Secretary General Ouma Oluga dismissed the Council of Governors (CoG) statement that rubbished the doctors’ demands, and accused the governors of causing unnecessary stalemate. Oluga said: “There is a lot of hunger that came out of the doctors’ strike. The governors are panicking; there is no reason why doctors should close hospitals because of salaries dispute. Munya disclosed that the County Governments took extra-ordinary measures during the strike to mitigate effects of the Doctors Union thus expending the resources.
Jubilee Party has warned aspirants against plans to disrupt meetings meant for electing county election board members. Raphael Tuju, Head of Secretariat, on Friday said he has reports of some aspirants planning to cause violence during the meetings. This followed the incident at the Bomas of Kenya where a meeting to elect Nairobi county board officials ended in disarray. Read: Jubilee teams clash at meet to pick board"Let them be warned that we have dispatched monitors to these meetings," Tuju told journalists at Jubilee Party headquarters. Tuju specifically warned Muranga and Kerugoya aspirants to tame their agents who have resorted to spreading hate messages.
Addressing a press conference in Nairobi, yesterday, Mr Chebukati defended the decision to single source Safran citing time and budgetary constrains. The IEBC chair said the tender procurement kicked off on December 16, last year and concluded on March 17 but faced legal battles at every stage. The Commission has a preventive and maintenance contract for the BVR system with Safran for the next three years,” he said. The commission is seeking to integrate the components of voter identification and results transmission with the new voter registration database. Last month, NASA through its co-chair of the national coordinating committee James Orengo wrote to IEBC demanding to know Morpho’s role.
| Updated Fri, March 24th 2017 at 20:39 GMT +3Seven houses have been set ablaze in Marani Sub County, Kisii County in a revenge attack after a 40 year old woman was allegedly killed by her stepsons. On Thursday, when the body of the deceased was being taken home for burial, irate villagers descended on the seven houses belonging to the suspects. According to Kisii County police commander Mrs Agnes Mudamba the houses belonged to suspects who had been arrested in connection with the murder. The killers had also tried to kill a four year minor who was staying with the woman. ALSO READ: Three year old boy dies after being assaulted by stepfather in Nairobi
LINDA’S* STORY“I was in a relationship with a psychopath for one year. Psychopath swooped in and took over the situation; he dispersed the crowd, had the car towed and got us home safely. I told him I’d leave instead. I’m still seeing a therapist to deal with the baggage.”SHEILA’S* STORY“I was married to a psychopath for four years. I know I need professional help to return to the woman I was before I met him.”***Three types of psychopath relationshipsCALCULATED EXPLOITATIONYou have something the psychopath needs.
INSTAGRAM REVELATION: Jodie said her dad was having 'cocaine put up his nose' for an operationHowever, the tattooed glamour model told fans on Twitter that her dad is going to be "having cocaine put up his nose". TWITTER TWEETS: The star told fans on social media“This feels so weird. ” Jodie Marsh "They have said he will test positive for the next 5 days for cocaine. Jodie Marsh sexiest pics Thursday, 2nd February 2017 Here's some of Jodie's sexiest shots! Jodie told Hopkins that she was "a lovely person" while interviewing her for her YouTube channel.
US President Donald Trump's administration approved TransCanada Corp's Keystone XL pipeline on Friday, cheering the oil industry and angering environmentalists even as further hurdles for the controversial project loom. Trump announced the presidential permit for Keystone XL at the White House with Girling and Sean McGarvey, president of North America's Building Trades Unions, standing nearby. "Our government has always been supportive of the Keystone XL pipeline and we are pleased with the US decision," said a spokesman for Canada's minister of natural resources. TransCanada tried for more than five years to build the 1,179-mile (1,897-km) pipeline, until Obama rejected it in 2015. The company resubmitted its application for the project in January, after Trump signed the executive order smoothing its path.
The head of a group helping organise Shell's clean-up efforts in an oil Delta community in Nigeria said on Friday he was hopeful clean-up work after two spills in 2008 could start in April. Royal Dutch Shell agreed in 2015 on a 55 million pound ($68.62 million) settlement with the Bodo community after accepting liability for two pipeline leaks due to corrosion that contaminated their land. "Hopefully we should be able to go to site and start the clean-up next month," BMI Chairman Inemo Samiama told Reuters. The BMI is mediating between Shell's Nigeria subsidiary Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) and the Bodo community. Samiama said Shell had appointed international contractors to carry out the clean-up work.
United's world record £89million signing suffered a hamstring strain in his side's 1-0 Europa League last 16 win over FC Rostov last week. Paul Pogba's hamstring injury not as bad as first feared as Jose Mourinho given big boost ahead of run in. Reds boss Jose Mourinho blamed Pogba's injury on an "accumulation of fatigue", with the France star having played 41 of United's 48 games this season. Mourinho has already suffered a double injury blow with defenders Phil Jones and Chris Smalling both pulling out of the England squad. Daley Blind suffered a head injury in the win over Rostov but is expected to be ready to feature against West Brom a week today.
| Updated Fri, March 24th 2017 at 19:44 GMT +3Jubilee Party aspirants have agreed to use the queueing system in party primaries conducted in Mombasa County. During a meeting at Wesley Social Hall to unveil a nine-member election board, the aspirants unanimously agreed to use method, commonly known as the Mlolongo system. "Some counties have agreed to use membership cards during their nominations while others have opted for the Mlolongo system," added Nyongeso. Nyongeso said they would hold discussions to agree on an election board chairman. ALSO READ: Bukusu elders endorse Governor Khaemba re-election"Our process of naming the election board was peaceful after the aspirants agreed on the nomination mode," said Ngongeso.
Kalonzo is totally with us and there are no gaps," Mr Odinga, who arrived in the same vehicle with Mr Musyoka, said. He likened the flag-bearer position to a pretty woman who is being wooed but will only take one husband. INFIGHTING"In Nasa, we don't want infighting, this tent is big enough for all of us, even if it gets hot we will stay there," said Mr Mudavadi. At the same time, Mr Musyoka said they had no trust in the electoral commission, claiming it was keen on conducting manual elections. "We will have a parallel presidential tallying system complete with our own biometric system and tally the results on our own for credibility," he said.
The IEBC has resolved to directly procure elections equipment from French firm Safran Identity & Security (previously Morpho). More on this: IEBC cancels tender for poll equipment, seeks to leaseAlso read: Probe 'corrupt' IEBC for cancelling poll equipment tender, says MudavadiIEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati said that after cancellation, the only technically evaluated bidder quoted a price of Sh5.2 billion against the available budget of Sh3.8 billion. Chebukati added that the commission had very little time left to comply with the legal timelines in relation to deployment of ICTs in elections. "The commission has a maintenance contract for the BVR system with Safran for the next three years. It is for these reasons that the commission has decided to engage Safran to ensure that statutory timelines are met.